Friday, September 24, 2010

I thought so...

So, I was hoping I would have the chance to play with the smartboard this afternoon.  As usual, however, my principal had other plans for how I would be spending my time.  She held a meeting, from which I asked to be excused as it did not pertain to me, but she insisted that I stay anyway.  By the time the meeting ended, I was thoroughly frazzled.  How can I become a 21st century educator when my own principal is denying me the time and support I need to acquire the necessary skills?  The good news is I had set up all the equipment yesterday so I was able to play the powerpoint I made on the smartboard and draw circles and such on the screen.  That was cool.   Unfortunately, the next 45 minutes of my long. long day was spent fiddling, cursing,  and looking for something to kick, because I couldn't get the gallery toolbar to come up. I finally realized that the necessary software had never been loaded onto the net book by our IT guy.  Does IT stand for "intentionally terrible," because sometimes I really do think it does.  But that's a whole 'nother story.
I am going to go play tennis now and blow off some steam.  See you all tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment